Fall 2018 Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Submissions Are Now Open!
The Austin Comedy Short Film Festival is a showcase of independent comedy short films from around the world. This event has been incredibly successful since it's launch in 2015, as a result, we have separate spring and fall screenings. Furthermore, we compile 35-40 comedy films for a fun three-hour session at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema Lakeline. We are looking for funny films that make people laugh out loud with good acting and original ideas. Above all, funny concepts and good writing are the most successful at our event. Also, several different flavors of comedy films and screenplays are eligible for submission. Short comedy, dark comedy, mockumentary, funny music videos, romantic comedy, animated films, stop motion and comedy screenplays. It doesn't matter when your film was produced or where it has been screened, as long as your film is available in 1080p HD, it is eligible.
Fall 2018 Deadlines: Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Submissions
Regardless of the deadline, all film and screenplay submissions are rated and screened with the same criteria.
- April 30, 2018: Earlybird Deadline
- May 31, 2018: Regular Deadline
- June 30, 2018: Late Deadline
- July 31, 2018: Final Deadline
- August 7, 2018: Notification Day
- September 16, 2018: Event Date
Fall 2018 Austin Comedy Short Film Festival Submissions Portals
The Austin Comedy Short Film Festival accepts films and screenplays through three different submissions portals. We do not accept submissions via direct email or social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) Using the portals helps keep us organized with our judges and gives us a central location to rate films as well as access promotional materials if your film or screenplay is accepted. Please make sure that your submission details are up to date, it makes life so much easier for us, to have all of the information about your submission in one place. We use this same system for the Houston Comedy Film Festival and Portland Comedy Film Festival as well. The following items are important to us:
- Director(s) and/or Writer(s) short biography. (5-10 sentences)
- Tagline for the film. (2-3 full sentences)
- Synopsis of your film (5-10 sentences)
- An Official Poster, screenshot or headshot image related to your film.
- The state or country where your film is from.
- Credits for your film: Cast, DP, Composer, Editor, Director, Writer
- Bonus: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website Links
- Bonus: A publicly available trailer or teaser for your film.