Fall 2018 Oregon Scream Week Horror Film Festival Submissions Are Now Open!
Oregon Scream Week submissions are now open for Horror films and screenplays in Portland. Oregon Scream Week is an international horror film festival that also includes horror comedy films and gives out several awards. The next Oregon Scream Week event will take place on Friday and Saturday, October 26-27, 2018. Our first festival event took place on Friday and Saturday night, February 16-17, 2018 at the Avalon Theatre near downtown Portland. 54 Short Films of different flavors screened. Animated Horror Films and Scary Science Fiction Films as well as Psychological Thrillers and dark comedy filmswere screened over three different 2-Hour Sessions. Films from twelve different countries were screened: United States, Canada, Poland, Australia, Belgium, Singapore, England, Spain, Israel, Hong Kong, Sweden and France. Please submit your film and share it with an Oregon Audience.
Fall 2018 Deadlines: Oregon Scream Week Submissions
- April 30, 2018: Discount Deadline
- May 31, 2018: Earlybird Deadline
- June 30, 2018: Regular Deadline
- July 31, 2018: Late Deadline
- August 31, 2018: Final Deadline
- September 10, 2018: Notification Day
- October 26-27: Event Dates
Fall 2018 Oregon Scream Week Submissions Portals
Oregon Scream Week Submissions for films and screenplays are accepted through three different submissions portals. Withoutabox, FilmFreeway and Festhome. We do not accept submissions via direct email or social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) Using the portals helps keep us organized with our judges and gives us a central location to rate films as well as access promotional materials if your film or screenplay is accepted. Please make sure that your submission details are up to date, it makes like so much easier for us to see all of the information about your submission in one place. We use this same system for all of our film festival events. The following items are important to us:
- Director(s) and/or Writer(s) short biography. (5-10 sentences)
- Tagline for the film. (2-3 full sentences)
- Synopsis of your film (5-10 sentences)
- An Official Poster, screenshot or headshot image related to your film.
- The state or country where your film is from.
- Credits for your film: Cast, DP, Composer, Editor, Director, Writer
- Bonus: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Website Links
- Bonus: A publicly available trailer or teaser for your film.